Fish Larb (Spicy Fish Salad)
1. From: http://hmongfood.info/?p=854
Ingredients for 20-25 servings
1. Clean and fillet the fish. take off the skin and set it aside for later use. Chop the fish finely. Transfer the chopped fishinto a bowland squeeze the lime juices and mix and set aside for 20 minutes. (amazingly the lime will cook the fish and the meat will turn white). T he fish skin into long thin pieces and set aside.
2. Take all your greens, rinse and mince and set them all aside together in one bowl.
3. When the fishmeat is cooked, take out the remaining lime juice by tilting the bowl and pressing your hand firmly against the fish meat (otherwise your salad be too sour if you keep all the lime juice).
4. In a big mixing bowl transfer the fish meat. Pour in the seasonings and mix. Add in the fish sauce and taste. Add more fish sauce if needed.
5. Finally add all the greens and fish skins and dry pork skins into the mixing bowl and mix several times. Serve with lettuce or with steamed rice.
2. From: http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/cookbook/2009/hmong-kitchen/fish-larb.html#axzz0zxNzrr9y